Things to do before I die

"Plant a tree, write a book, have a son."
-José Martí

I don't have a lot of crazy dreams. Sure, I'm an ambitious guy. I want to accomplish things and inspire people and become great and blah blah blah. But my list of things to do before I die is pretty short. Creating a list like this seems abstract and overwhelming. Should I list measurable things (make a million dollars, jump out of a plane, go to Wrigley Field) or should I have nobler, more generic dreams (be a good father, forgive someone, love unconditionally)? There are realistic, practical dreams (be an enthusiastic teacher, be the next great offensive football mind) and there are irrational, idealistic dreams (change the world, cure cancer, register to vote).

I'm not ready to fully tackle questions like these right now.

So I'll just reveal one thing on my list:

Visit Paris.

No comments: